Sleep apnea is one of the most common sleep disorders, although it often goes undiagnosed because people are unaware of the severe consequences that it can have. If you snore loudly or feel tired even after a full night’s sleep, you may want to seek medical treatment. What are some of the signs that you might have sleep apnea?
- Loud snoring, which is usually more prominent in obstructive sleep apnea
- Breaks or pauses in breathing during sleep witnessed by another person
- Abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath
- Dry mouth or sore throat in the mornings
- Morning headaches
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Trouble concentrating or paying attention
- Irritability or mood swings
If you’ve experienced any of these symptoms, we may be able to help! We offer an FDA approved pocket-sized oral device that will revolutionize the way you sleep! Oral appliances are most effective in the treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea and must be prescribed by a physician and fitted by a dentist, oral surgeon or ENT who has sleep medicine experience. Our office is able to prescribe and fit these devices! They are often more effective than the loud CPAP machines that many of our patients have tried to use before. Don’t take our word for it, listen to our patients instead!
Are you ready to schedule a consultation to discuss your sleep apnea symptoms with us? Begin by filling out our sleep apnea history exam and online patient form and then give us a call to schedule your appointment!